Vegan Burrito Bowls - Gluten-free, Corn-free, Soy-free
Delicous vegan burrito bowl that rivals your local chain!
- 8 oz Mushrooms baby bella
- 1 cup Walnuts
- ½ pound Cauliflower (about 1 medium head) after trimming leaves and stems
- ¼ cup Coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp White pepper or ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp Coriander
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Carrots shredded
- 1 cup Zucchini peeled and diced
- 1 can Black beans, 15oz Organic, no salt added
- ¼ cup Red onions, pickled or fresh (optional) sliced
- 1 cup Lettuce of choice shredded
- 1 Cilantro, to taste chopped
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pnch Pepper
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp Green chiles diced, mild
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt, plain I used Fage 0%
- ⅓ cup Mexican crema OMIT FOR VEGAN
- ⅓ cup Almond milk unsweetened
- ¼ tsp Salt
For the "ground meat"
In a food processor, one ingredient at a time, pulse the mushrooms, walnuts, and cauliflower until rice- to pea-sized. Chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces before putting into the food processor.
In a large bowl, combine all of the "ground meat" ingredients and spices. Mix well.
Spread the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, then mix around and bake another 10 minutes. Let cool a bit.
Vegetables and sauce
While the "meat" is roasting, prepare the remaining ingredients. Shred the carrots and lettuce peel and dice the zucchini, rinse your beans, and chop the cilanto.
To make the sauce, add all the ingredients to a mini food processor (or blender) and blend until smooth. Pour it into a dish and set aside.
Finish the dish
Again in a large bowl, add the "ground meat", then the vegetables and herbs, 1 tsp oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Serve in a.....BOWL! Garnish with sauce to taste and enjoy!